Saltar al contenido
How to improve your English speaking skills?
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Be confident. People can only correct your mistakes when they hear you make them.
- Surround yourself in English. Put yourself in an all English speaking environment where you can learn passively. The best way to learn is through speaking.
- Practise every day. Make yourself a study plan. Decide how much time a week you are going to spend studying and stick to it. Establish a routine.
- Tell your family and friends about your study plan. Get them to push you to study and also don’t let them interrupt you.
- Practise the 4 core skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. They all need to be worked on for you to improve.
- Do a lesson at least once a day.
- Give yourself a long term goal. Focus on working towards it.
- When you learn a new word, think of all its other forms: Beautiful (adjective),beauty (noun), beautifully (adverb).
- Learn prefixes (dis-, un-, re-) and suffixes (-ly, -ment, -ful), these will help you to figure out the meaning of words and build your vocabulary.
- Don’t give up! Stay positive! Sometimes you will feel that you aren’t learning quickly enough. Everyone feels like this, don’t worry about it. You’ll get there in the end.
- Enjoy it! We learn more when we are having fun!
- Find a comfortable, peaceful place for quiet study. You need somewhere where you can focus 100%.
- Textbook English is often different from the way we casually speak. To learn casual ‘slang’ watch movies.
- You are never too young or too old to start learning English. Don’t make excuses not to learn. What are you waiting for?
- Take an English course in Do It Learning Center.